Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Real Nail Polish Strips...

So - this was my first time purchasing these strips and using them.  I have to say that I really do like them, they are easy to use... and so far they are quite durable and lasting through my normal day duties... including washing dishes several times a day.   Though they were sold out at my local Walgreens in all the cool colors and designs... I was able to get a few awesome ones.



The box claims that they will last up to 10 days, No Dry Time and you just need to Peel & Apply.  They fit all Nails and come with 16 Nail Polish Strips, a Cuticle Stick and Mini Nail File.


Day 1 (pictured below)- You can see the little mistakes I did on my middle finger from over filing... but for the most part - they look really nice. :)



When you first open the box... the smell is quite strong in my opinion... like Gorilla Glue or some kind of really strong adhesive.  At first glance, they look really weird and you have to really work with it to get the sizes just right... but they are fairly simple to apply to your nails.  I was able to place them and take it off... if I placed it in the wrong area... so that definitely was a plus. It seems to set fairly quickly and I was able to remove the excess without difficulty... utilizing the mini nail file they include.

I do have a few cons on this item however... as I cannot believe that it costs $9.99 plus tax.  This isn't that bad... considering you pay a lot more for a professional manicure in a salon or even for a high quality nail polish for that matter... but you really only get 1 application with this product.  It comes with 16 nail strips (instead of 20) so you can really do another full set with the extras you have left over.  I think I will use them to do tips instead... because I can cut them down to shape... maybe.

I am on day 3 of this nail polish strips... and so far - they have really held up.  Besides the normal wear and tear any nail polish will have and normal nail growth... they still look really nice.  The color has faded some bit, but that is normal with any nail polish you use... and considering I didn't use a top coat - it looks pretty darn good.

Day 3 (pictured below) - normal nail growth and a little bit of fading... as well as some removal of the paint from my nail edges have come off - but for the most part, they still look good.


All in all, I think it is a pretty good product.  It saved me a lot of time, which is awesome considering I never have any time to begin with. :)


The products discussed and photographed were purchased by me with my own money.  I was not paid or compensated in any way by the companies or others to do this video or blog post.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis