Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 6 - Blog Challenge, Do any shopping or hauls lately? Post a photo and details. - REVIEW of a FEW PRODUCTS INCLUDED

It seems like it's been forever since I last did a haul.  I can't even describe what one is or what it consists of sometimes, because my shopping or hauls now consist of shopping for baby clothes or school supplies or house hold items.  But, I did have the opportunity to go shopping last week for some new foundation (Winter time is here and I needed a different color for the season) and some other fun and exciting things that I just cannot wait to do a review on.

Here is a picture of the items I picked up when I went shopping (see below).  I listed what they are and the cost I purchased them for at my local Drug Store (Longs Drugs - CVS store)

I will be doing a review on each item once I have a chance to use each item a little while so that I can provide an unbiased review.  On a side note:  I can tell you that I have used 3 of the items pictured below:  Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, Dream Mousse Concealer & the Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara.  I have been using each product for the last week since I bought them and I will be doing a youtube video review on each one, however... here is my quick review on each item here on the blog:

Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer & Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - OMG...  I absolutely LOVE these 2 products.  Those that watch my channel or follow my blogs know that I am a HUGE MAC Foundation user and have been for several years.  Though I may dip into mineral foundations a few times a year for that soft and silky feeling & look - I think I may be changing my foundations all together.  Well - maybe!  I have never felt something so smooth, silky and blend-able on my skin as I have with these 2 products.  After applying the concealer & then foundation over - I went about my day and not only did it stay put and in place, I completely forgot I was wearing any foundation.  I touched my face, it rubbed against my favorite scarf and there was absolutely no rub off.  Not to mention, it felt so silky on my skin - my face felt soft and smooth like it would if I had bare skin.  AWESOME.  It was pretty easy to match my skin tone, considering they didn't have any testers - I had to compare my skin tone to the cover of the lids and the color that shown through the bottom of the pot.  It was pretty close and I bought it on that assumption.  Turns out, it matched pretty well and the 2 of them blended well and had great coverage all together.  Thanks Maybelline, this is just awesome & I wish I had tried these sooner. ;-)

Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara - Now, every one knows that I have the shortest lashes EVER.  I have tried many different products to boost my lash growth, or make my lashes look luscious and beautiful... and though I have gotten great results with some products - many that have claimed to do it, didn't even come close.  The Loreal Dbl. Extend Lash Boosting Mascara (moving forward - I will refer to it by using - LDEM) was definitely a product that I thought worked well and did what it said it would.  First off, let me say that when you first open up the Primer or Step 1 of the Mascara... it is like any other white fiber primer...  however, compare to many department store and drug store brands... it was not as clumpy as I had expected.  Also - the wand on the other side, though skinny - still has tons of little bristles to get in between and through all of the lashes - priming the tiniest lashes on your lids and making your lash line look full and long.  The other side (Step 2 - mascara) also had a fairly skinny wand with a heavily bristled applicator.  The consistency of it was fairly well, it did not appear to be clumpy, the smell was okay - like a body soap without  heavy fragrance.  It coated my lashes well, without much need to work with the wand to keep from clumping. My one problem with the "black mascara" side was that it looked more grayish black then blackest black as the packaging had stated.  Because of this - when I applied it over the white, it took several coats of mascara to make the lashes appear bold with a black look.  Obviously - dark gray over white will keep the lashes looking gray still.  One positive on that however is that it allowed me to test out how many coats I could go on my lashes before it actually started clumping.  I could apply up to 4 coats before it became difficult to work with... that is really good for a mascara with a primer.  Now, don't get me wrong... I don't want to be putting 4 coats of anything on my face... but I had to try it out.  I love this mascara - but don't like that I have to put a really black mascara over it to complete my look.  This would be my absolutely favorite mascara if they came out with a solution that would make the mascara side really black so that it would really add drama to my lashes.  It already does the job by adding volume & even length... now we just need the drama. ;-)  This is my go to mascara though - I just have to add a coat of my lash blast on top.

If you have any questions regarding any of the reviewed products or the ones pictured below - please let me know. ;-)

xoxo ~ Honey


Pictured above:

Left (in tube) is Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($7.99 @ Longs/CVS)
Middle bottom (large pot) is Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse in Natural Beige (Medium 2.5) ($7.49 @ Longs/CVS)
Middle Bottom (small pot) is Maybelline's Dream Mousse Concealer in Beige (Medium 0.25) ($6.89 @ Longs/CVS)
Mascara Tube is Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara in Blackest Black ($10.98 @ Longs/CVS)
Right (6 color pallet) is Hard Candy's Nobody's Perfect Concealer Palette ($5.28 @ Longs/CVS)
Large Palette on the Top is NYX's Glitterati Glitter Cream Pallet ($8.98 @ Longs/CVS)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis