Monday, February 14, 2011

FOTD (Face of the Day) - Gold, Bronze & Purple using Drugstore Makeup

Here is a quick post on my face of the day.  I pictured it in my last blog entry on Valentine's Day Hairstyles... and I wanted to list the products here so you could replicate it if you wanted to.  :)  It is really simple to achieve and is subtle enough to be used during the day or intensified for a night look by adding a brighter/darker base.  I used all drugstore makeup with exception to my primer - which I used my Two Faced Shadow Insurance this time.  I was going to use my Loreal Decrease... but it was not readily available for me to quickly grab... so I used what was handy.  However, this look would be completely done with drugstore brands if I had my Loreal Decrease available.  



Primer:  Two Faced Shadow Insurance

Base:  NYX Jumbo E/S Pencil in Yellow on the inner third of the lid and NYX Jumbo E/S Pencil in Bronze on the rest of the lid.

Eyeshadow:  Covergirl eye enhancers trio in Dazzling Metallics #119 (Bronze, Black & Yellow Gold) and NYX Single Eyeshadow in Purple

Liner:  Wet & Wild H2O Waterproof Liquid Liner in Black and Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner in Blackest Night (Waterproof)

Lashes:  Rimmel London's Lash Accelerator Mascara in Black to provide length and Covergirl lash blast Mascara in Black over the Rimmel mascara to provide volume.

Brows:  Avon's Mocha Latte Quad - I used the darkest brown from that Quad called Espresso

Lips:  Loreal Infalliable Never fail lipgloss in Coral Sands

Blush: just a light dusting of NYC Baby Pink mosaic blush to the apples of my cheeks.  
No contour or highlight for this look

Foundation:  I did not use foundation for this look.

*Hope you liked it. :)

xoxo ~ 




All products used in these images and tutorial, as well as mentioned - were purchased by me with my own money.  The photographs were taken by myself and are copyrighted by Ho'onani Photography.  It is unlawful to copy any images from my site without proper approval or authorization from me (Honey) the owner of this blog.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis