Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy birthday to my son Ka'eo

Seven years ago, on this very day... My husband and I was blessed with our eldest son, Kevin Ka'eo'okamalei'okahonuakamakaniamekekai Kaho'ohanohano. Thus was a very joyous occasion for my husband and I had tried for many years to get pregnant... And when we decided to stop trying... We found out we were expecting.  While I was in labor (2 weeks overdue and had to be induced.  12 hours of labor and pain killers that NEVER worked), we decided we would call him Ka'eo for short.


Ka'eo - 3 days old, 2004


Ka'eo - 1 month old, 2004


Ka'eo - 6 months old, 2004


Ka'eo - 1 year old, 2005


Ka'eo - 1 1/2 years old, 2005



Ka'eo - 2 years old, 2006



Ka'eo - 3 years old, 2007
Photo by: Randy Jay Braun

The last few years have been such a joy. As most parents know... Whether it is your first time or your fifth... It is always a learning experience. Each year on this day I remember leaving him with my parents when he was a month old so I could go back to work. Needless to say, it was a very traumatic experience for me and I cried continuously for the remainder of the day.  Then, having to rush him to the emergency room because he fell down in the kitchen and split his chin open...  I had to be brave mommy & not show any emotion as we waiting for hours in the ER for his chin to get 12 stitches.


Ka'eo - 4 years old, 2008
Photo: Ho'onani Photography

Each minute, each day, each year... there are memories that are cherished... Watching Ka'eo get excited in 2009 as my tummy grew bigger & bigger with his twin brothers... and how he continued to talk to my belly every day. And how he held each one in his arms when he visited me and his brothers in the hospital.  Now, more than a year later... he is the best big brother any little brother could ask for. :)

Ka'eo - 5 years old, 2009

As I mentioned earlier...  my husband and I are definitely blessed.  Though boys will be boys and all 3 of my sons can drive me crazy once in a great while... I would never trade being their mommy for anything in the world.

So - in closing... I want to wish my darling son Ka'eo a Happy Happy Birthday.  Daddy & I wish you a lifetime of blessings and happiness and our love for you is FOREVER.  Hau'oli La Hanau e' Ka'eo.



Ka'eo - 1st Grade, 2010-2011 (6 years old, going on 7)
Photo:  Action Photo of Hawaii












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis