Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Yummy in my Tummy

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter - you will see that I literally spammed my wall/status updates with photos of food... love my food ;) There was some really awesome goodies eaten today thanks to my awesome husband.  It started with brunch at a local hot spot and ended with dinner at a local near by Italian eatery.  Yummy.  Here's some Foodie Eye Candy for you!

We started off with brunch at North Shore Cafe located in Ha'iku Maui.  They have everything from steak and eggs to your regular breakfast goods like a stack of pancakes or waffles.  What's so awesome about this place is that it is an awesome place to kick back and unwind... just enjoying the awesome Maui/Haiku Breeze and taking in the yummy smells. And, nothing really is over $8.08 - and look at how much food you get.  These are not the best photos - I took them with my phone... but you get the idea. ;)


My hubby ordered the fried rice loco moco.  For those of you not familiar with what a loco moco is - it is basically rice (fried or regular white rice) with a hamburger patty on top.  Smothered with brown gravy and then an over easy egg on top.  It is some of the naughtiest food out there but so 'ono (as they say in Hawaii - which means - Delicious!) Definitely an awesome deal considering how huge this plate really is.


I ordered the Crab cake latkes.  Basically - it is crab cakes, sitting in Holandaise sauce, with a poached egg on top.  Beneath the egg are some awesome roasted vegetables... red/yellow bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.  Definitely delicious and a unique spin on your normal Eggs Benedict and I was in crab heaven.

Next - let's move on to dinner.  I love Italian food and though it is difficult to get any thing Italian authentic here on the island... this definitely sufficed.

My hubby took all of us (he and I and our 3 boys) to a local Italian Eatery called Serpicos.  It is owned by a local family that lives right near us and definitely an awesome environment to take children.  They make some of the best calzone's I've had (though that is not what I ordered tonight).  Here's what we got:


We started our meal off with fried calamari with marinara sauce.  My sons had mozzarella sticks (just the norm) with French fries... the perfect snack food for twin 2 year olds and an 8 year old ;) 


My entree as well as my hubbies came with side salads (which is actually pretty large for a side salad).  I opted for a ceasar salad and asked for anchovies on top.  I know anchovies are not the normal choice for most people - but I grew up with them and it is tradition... I struggle to eat a ceasar salad without it. Creature of habit - ya know.


I had been craving a creamy pesto pasta with sundried tomatoes... and had no idea they had this on their menu.  I usually get the Fettuccini Alfredo or veal parmesean.  So I definitely was excited to see how beautiful my plate was.  I asked for mushrooms in my plate as an add on.  I am a mushroom addict and love them -so for me, pasta and mushrooms go hand and hand.  It was definitely delish.  I had wished they had grated parmesean on the top - but that's okay, it didn't take away from the awesome flavor.  I was surely satisfied. ;)


My hubby opted for his normal/usual choice - which was the Chicken Parmesean dinner.  As usual - the size was definitely on the larger side and worth it.  it's always great to see that my hubby can sit down and enjoy a dinner. We enjoyed ourselves and I enjoyed that we could all spend time together - it is rare due to our busy schedules.  


Oh... I almost forgot to mention dessert, didn't I?  Well, dessert was totally awesome.  My hubby, my eldest son and myself each had a sweet cream cheese canolli with strawberries and stuffed with chocolate chips.  It made our night and topped off a great meal.

I love Valentine's Day.  It is one of my favorite holidays.  Not because it is the one day that most men choose to celebrate their woman or vice versa, but because it is a day that truly celebrates love.  I am so truly lucky to have a husband that treats me like a queen each and every day and loves me unconditionally no matter what day it is... holiday or not.  That truly means the world to me that I have such a special love.

I hope and wish all of you had a wonderful holiday - whether lucky in love or lucky not to be.  I surely enjoyed my time with my hubby seeing as I was lucky that he had the day off and we got to spend much needed time with each other.  Even if he treats me special always - our schedules sometimes do not allow for special moments as much as we would like.  So make sure to cherish each special moment you have.

xoxo









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis