Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ask Honey - Today's Question, Past Love

I thought this was a very interesting question that hailed from my Formspring... He asked to be kept anonymous and I am more than happy to oblige.  I hope that I answer your question to the best of my ability. ;)

Question:

"I have been out of highschool for 2 years and my senior year I broke up with my highschool love.  We were together since the 8th grade but she was off to college and I didn't want to have a long distance relationship.  Well, I was cruising with some friends and we were hanging out when we ran into each other again after 2 years.  It didn't seem like she was still interested in me and it seemed like we were just friends, but I really miss her and still love her. Do I just let it go and forget about her? I would rather we be together than apart.

I hope that this is not weird. My sister watches your videos and I seen one while we were hanging out where you gave advice, so she forwarded your contact info to me.  I just didn't want others to know and tell my ex that I still love her and she reject me."  Signed... in love and desperate.

Answer:

"Hello.  First off, I have guys & girls watch my videos - so don't worry... I don't think you are weird. lol.  First of all, speaking from experience - after chasing my husband down for 4 years before asking him out... I think if I could do it again - I would have jumped to the opportunity instead of waiting.  The two of you have already established a relationship together, you know a lot about one another... even if it has been two years since.  If your relationship was pretty awesome - my suggestion would be to just call her or talk to her and tell her that you still have feelings for her and if there is a possibility she still has feelings for you.  If she does still have feelings for you - ask her if she would like to try dating again and if she doesn't - then at least you know where you two stand.  Don't feel bad if she doesn't... because 1.)  it's better to know then wander about it for years... and 2.) people grow in different directions.  Her experiences and journey may have sent her in a different direction. Again - better to find out then not. :) Good luck."


Disclaimer:  I am not a professional - this is just my honest advice. I hope it helps. If you are interested in having me answer any questions for you - relationship or beauty related... you can email me, private message me or ask it on my formspring. If you want it to be anonymous - please let me know.

Thanks again.
xoxo,
Honey

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis