Friday, March 4, 2011

QOTD - What is your favorite lip balm product and why?

This will be a new series on my blog and possibly on my youtube channel.  I get asked so many questions on Formspring and via private messages and emails on my Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and though Formspring has been a delight... a lot of times, others are not following this site.  So that I am answering all of your questions, I am going to start doing at QOTD (Question of the Day) and answer questions from my subscribers and followers here on my blog and on Youtube.  I hope to do one of these QOTD at least once a week. :)

Today's QOTD - 
What is your favorite lip balm product and why?

This is such a difficult question to answer because I have been fond of so many products over the years and still find myself picking them up and using each one from time to time.  But, about 6 months ago... I stumbled upon a fellow youtuber who talked about this particular Lip Balm and how much they loved it.  I was quite intrigued because the packaging was so odd and unique... so I went out on a search to find the product.  After looking for over 2 weeks, I actually found it at my local Walmart Store.  It sold for $3.49 and this was pretty pricey for a product that I had never tried before.  However, after using it... it has made it on my Top #20 list of favorite beauty products and I don't know how I survived without it all this time.

So what is this product you are asking???  It is the EOS (Evolution of Smooth) Lip Balm in Lemon Drop.  I haven't had the opportunity to try the others... because my local Walmart only had the Lemon and Summer Fruit flavors...  but I honestly don't think that I would choose any other flavor.  The lemon is a true lemony flavor... just like a lemon drop candy.  The packaging... which is quite weird at first glance, is absolutely perfect for applying this to your lips.  I can easily wrap my lips around the lip balm and apply it on effortlessly.  This specific one comes in spf 15 - the only one in the line of lip balms.  It also comes in a number of flavors:  lemon drop (spf 15, which I have), summer fruit, honeysuckle honeydew, medicated tangerine and sweet mint.



The lemon drop is naturally flavored and PABA free. It has a broad spectrum of UVA/UVB protection (which is especially ideal for the cold weather months and warm summer months as well.)  It has shea butter, jojoba oil & vitamin E and glides on smoothly leaving your lips feeling soft and conditioned.  It goes on clear which is great when you are using it to moisturize your lips prior to applying a lip color and as I mentioned above... it easily glides on to the lips effortlessly with the sphere shape.  The cap is a twist off cap and I throw the lip balm in my bag confidently... knowing that I will not lose the cap and ruin one of my purses because the cap falls off easily.  It is Petrolatum, paraben, gluten and phthalate free.  And, it is not tested on animals.

Did I mention that I absolutely LOVE this stuff.  EOS has a complete line of products along with these lip balms.  You can view their line at: http://www.evolutionofsmooth.com and you can find them at some of your favorite stores like CVS, Walmart, Target and even Safeway.  Check them out and see if you like it too. :)


I am not being paid or compensated in any way to discuss, blog about or review the product(s) mentioned in this post.  I purchased the product discussed with my own money.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis