Saturday, December 24, 2011

NOTD - Gold & Sparkles, Festive and easy Holiday Nails using Julep

Nails of the Day:

I haven't been painting my nails in what seems like forever.  Because I have been mixing pigments so often and wearing gloves, it's very difficult to keep a nice manicure without chipping or dry cuticles.  But, I'm not complaining - I love mixing pigments and enjoy creating new colors.  My nail polishes have certainly been collecting dust - because if I did paint my nails, within 24-48 hours, because of using the gloves for sanitary purposes, there's no way my nails would stay so nice as they have in the past. You can certainly tell someone who works in the Medical Field - their nails are usually short and in most cases, their polish is chipped. lol

Anywho - I decided I wanted to do something festive and utilize the new goodies I received in my December Julep Maven box.  I haven't had the chance to make that video yet - but I will as soon as things slow down... though I think it will probably be after my January Julep box arrives. lol



My all-over color is Julep's Sienna, a beautiful gold that I received in my November Box.
The glitter on my ring fingers is an awesome from an awesome Glitter Pot I received in my December Julep box.  It's gold and holographic starts with a mix of small gold glitter... not a lot, just enough to add to the sparkle.  I absolutely love this glitter - it is chunky and each star is pretty thick - so it gives a really cool 3D effect.  Considering how big the glitter is - it actually stuck to my nails pretty easily and is lasting considering how much they stick up on my nail. I'm quite impressed and feel a positive review coming on. lol  As my top coat - I am using the Fast Dry Topcoat from Julep which I also received in my December Julep box.

To achieve this look - I did my overcoat of Sienna over each nail - two coats. Then I took the gold star glitter and sprinkled it over my ring fingers... lighting pressing them into the coat of Sienna to get them to adhere better. I let it dry for a minute and then painted two coats of the clear coat over each nail... making sure to slowly paint over the stars to get the clear coat over each one to allow for great adhesion.  So far - I have washed my hands, done dishes and cooked and I haven't lost a star yet. ;)

If you are interested in signing up for Julep Maven, it is $19.99 a month and well worth every penny.  I received over $40 worth of Julep products for December and November and I am so excited to receive my January Box - because I am getting a free polish just for being one of the first Julep Members.  For January - I will be getting a total of 4 polishes... total steal, considering that Julep sells their polishes for $14.99 each and I am only paying $19.99 for 4 of them. That's a huge savings. ;)

Anyway - I hope you like my NOTD - I know it's been a while since I posted one... but I just really can't paint my nails as often. ;) Figured this was a festive way to show off my Holiday Spirit.

xoxo 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis