Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lash/Mascara Chronicles - Follow Up and updates


Those of you who have been following me a while - know that I have some of the shortest lashes possible... my daddy contributes it to part of my Filipino Heritage.  Last year - I started a series on my YouTube Channel and Blog called Mascara/Lash Chronicles.  In this series - I took the time to try out products that claimed to strengthen and grow lashes.  This really was an awesome addition to my Channel & Blog and here is where and how it all began.

The original product I started with - Beautylash MD was such an awesome product, but it also came with a Huge Price Tag costing me about $110.00 for a 3 month supply.  Though my lashes loved the product, my eyes would burn from time to time and my eyelids were dry.  It gave me significant lash growth - but there was a definite price I had to pay... not only as the cost outrageous - but my lashes lost its original curl and now I have to over compensate by curling my lashes each day.

Over the course of the last year - I have tried Revlon's Growluscious Mascara, which I was able to find on sale each time I purchased it - Major Score!  It did work and I loved the wand and consistency of the product, but I noticed that it strengthened my lashes more than actually adding to its growth. Still a plus.  I didn't notice any downfalls... except that though I loved the wand... I wish it was a bit smaller - because it was difficult getting to the corners of my eyes and capturing those little tiny lashes.  Almost around the same time I finished this mascara - I also was using the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara.  I love this one - the wand really got into my little lashes and it is my go-to mascara to use now a days.  The price tag is not always the best, if I'm lucky - I will find it on sale for about $6.99, if I'm not lucky - it's about $12.99.  Crazy expensive for a Drug Store mascara - but it is pretty awesome and does its job.  I love the fact that I can always just walk into my local CVS, Walgreens or Walmart and pick it up - it's almost always in stock.



While the Drug Store brands were taking storm with all of their awesome serums, Wet n Wild was no exception.  I still have Wet n Wild Lashing Growing Serum on back up and use it from time to time to boost the growth and health of my lashes.  Both the Serum and Mascara work as they say, I have noticed great lash growth with each and they are so darn affordable - as is most W n W products.  The downfall however, is that these products (more the serum then the mascara) really burned my eyes... after applying the serum, it left my eyes really red and irritated.  Though I really enjoyed what it did for my lashes and I could certainly stand the burning - it is not ideal for me to use during the Winter... because my eyes are naturally dry during that season.  Because of this, I am currently not using this product at the moment and have resorted back to my go-to: Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara.

There has been so much hype with regard to prescription serums like Latisse and many others now available.  The fact of the matter is - they are costly and many of them offer some pretty yucky side effects... browning of the eyes (which lets face it, doesn't affect all of us badly - but those who have light colored, green eyes, etc. definitely could experience a junk side affect and lose their natural eye color), Itchy and red eyes, dry eyelids and so much more.  Many of these products are also known to burn your eyes dramatically when using them.

I am going to be trying out a new product and will be going through my Chronicles (hopefully several times a week) so that you can see if there is any growth with this product.  Stay tuned. ;)

My lash growth over the lasts year - while using various products.  In this photo - I have on 2 coats of mascara.





My lashes without any mascara - though they look short - they are significantly longer and fuller than they have been in quite a while.  This was a photo taken with my last Lash Chronicles and trials with serums.

Stay tuned for the new product I am testing out... and how it actually works on my little itsy bitsy lashes. ;)

xoxo



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis