Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Smile for the Day!

Besides my husband... my children are my biggest inspirations.  Each day - I watch them grow and flourish into little people... with a mind all their own.

I wanted to share this with all of you because I thought is was so precious.  Once a week - I receive and email from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as I have been a huge supporter of this Organization and have volunteered in the past to help raise money towards their need.  This morning, I received my weekly email... and here is what is said.



Have you ever considered asking the tooth fairy for a donation? That's exactly what Audrey Liles did while participating in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's School & Youth Program - Pennies for Patients.
When I heard about this, it reminded me just how powerful children can be. I'm enclosing the note sent to us from Jennifer Liles, Audrey's mom.


This is the 2nd year my daughter has participated in "Pennies for Patients" at her elementary school, Piney Point Elementary School, Tall Timbers, MD. Today she brought home the information and emptied her piggy bank to fill up the box for the LLS program. My daughter just turned seven and is in the 1st grade.

After dinner she asked me for a blank piece of paper to write a letter to the tooth fairy and asked me not to look. When she got done this is what she had written:

(I have not edited grammar or spelling)

Dear tooth fairy we are having a thing at school called Make change beat cancer. We have to send money to the school and donate to other people that don't have the money to buy the medicine for there sick kids. So I was thinking you could come to my house tonight and leave me money so I can bring it to school. Love, Audrey Liles

This made my heart melt and I really felt the need to share it with you. Thank you, Jennifer Liles (Audrey's Mom)

We're always amazed at the impact children are making on the lives of patients with cancer. This year alone, more than 15 million students raised $26 million through our School & Youth Programs to help beat cancer. We are grateful for people like Audrey, her mom Jennifer, and for all tooth fairies.
Your support makes a difference.



For more information about LLS's vital work, visit www.lls.org.


We often forget that our children are so innocent - that unlike a lot of us... they instantly think with their hearts before their minds.  My children remind me of this each and every day... especially my 7 year old Ka'eo (Kevin), whose selfless efforts are always in full swing... as he takes his hard earned money out of his wallet to give for something or someone in need.

If our World thought like a child, just once a day... I honestly think it would be a better place.  Take the time to think like your children today... and give from your heart. :)  I hope you liked this article as much as I did.  God bless all of you and wishing you an awesome day. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis