Friday, April 22, 2011

Mother's Day - What are you doing for mom this year?

Mother's Day is right around the corner... and shopping for Mom can be not only overwhelming - but definitely a challenge.  There are so many selections to choose from and with the constant changes in Trends and fashions - it can be difficult to select something that you are positive that your Mom will like.  There are always the alternatives for  Mother's Day... flowers, candy, a special day at the Spa... but, with the ever growing prices and costs for these things... it can be difficult to purchase them without putting a huge dent in our pocket books.

So what are the alternatives, you may be asking?  Personally, I normally opt for Roses... not just any roses, but special ones.  Each year my mom has received a form of a rose from me, either made from paper, shells, fabric, satin or other.  And, although she has received each one proudly and without hesitation... I know deep down in my heart, that these items are just for "look" and will be placed on a shelf for show.  They never get put to use or have any purpose for that matter, except for decoration.  This year, I want to do something a little different - something practical.

Here are a few affordable items that I selected.  Each item is quality made and could fit not only any budget... but any Mom.  My Mom doesn't really use "a lot" of makeup - so I had to be realistic and choose things that I knew she would be able to use.


This first item I selected is the Heart Shaped Mirror - High Society from Sigma Beauty.  
It retails for $25.00 on the Sigma Site (just click on the name to see the product in the storefront) and contains 2 magnifications - regular and 5x.  It is 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches and the perfect mirror to put in the purse.  Not only is this quaint and cute - it comes in five other color selections.  This is perfect for my mom because she is classy and casual... and though it gives a pop of bling and dazzle... it is still simplistic enough to not be overwhelming.

The next - is the Makeup Bag Kit in Black.  
This set retails for $22.00 but currently is on sale for $15.00.  
These bags are made of high quality satin with leather-like golden details.  
They are designed to carry your makeup items and brushes.  Each kit comes with 2 bags both in different sizes (9 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 3 inches and 7 1/2 x 4 x 2) so that you can interchange between the two as you need.



Last but not least... this is my favorite. This is the MKBMAX1 MAXBag in Noir.  
This is a makeup bag that retails for $29.00 and it is designed to fit your entire makeup collection.  
You can carry all your beauty essentials every where you go.  
This is a bag that I would love for myself as well... but I think it is perfect for my mom because it is universal.  
My mom doesn't use much makeup - but this would be an awesome item to carry all of her skin care and beauty needs or would be perfect to use as a clutch.
Length - 14 1/4 inches, Height - 11 inches

All of these items can be purchased directly from the Sigma Beauty Site and I think they are a great alternative to the usual "Mother's Day" gifts we select to purchase for our Mommies each year.  Not only are the items beautiful and quality made... they are affordable and can be used for a multitude of purposes... especially the MaxBag and the Makeup Bag Kits.  I would certainly enjoy getting those as a gift for Mother's Day.


I would love to hear from all of you regarding your Mother's Day gifts.  What did you order or plan to get for your Mom this year?  Leave a comment below and let me know, I love to see what you are getting. :)


Disclaimer:  I am not being paid to make this post by the companies mentioned above.  I am an affiliate of Sigma Beauty but my post above is my honest opinion and views. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis