Sunday, April 10, 2011

Are you addicted to your lip balm??

Though this may seem like an odd question to most... it certainly is quite intriguing - don't you think?  I read a lot of different beauty blogs, posts, magazines and beauty sites and have never come across this information before today... so I thought that it would be something interesting to learn about.  

I am a TOTAL lip balm addict.  Over the years... I went from big, plump, juicy, soft and moisturized lips to what I am sporting now... "pretty nice lips" - not "hottie lips"... hehe!  I am a huge believer of Lip Balm and I LOVE EOS Lip balm in Lemon drop - yummers. :)  I am just about as addicted to this thing as I am to wearing a watch... and trust me, I love my watches... that I sleep with them on or else I am completely lost. :)

I was reading one of my beauty sites today, Beauty Riot and took a quiz that allowed me to see which Beauty Tips were fake and which were real.  The tips that they provided were taken from the book "Can You Get Hooked on Lip Balm?" by the creators of TheBeautyBrains.com.  Needless to say - I go 10 out of 12 right... not bad considering I didn't study.. .hehe! :)  One of the questions that were asked (that I go wrong) was:  Can you get hooked on lip balm?  I obviously answered no... thinking that the other one that they asked was the real Beauty Tip.  I was completely wrong.  Here's what they say:

"You can get hooked on lip balm.  Applying lip balm creates a barrier that prevents the evaporation of moisture from the inner layers of skin on your lips.  Once you stop using lip balm, those layers dry out again and force you to add more lip balm.  Your lips begin to rely on lip balm to help protect their moist skin cells, and that's why you feel addicted to putting it on."  

Wow - the fact that your lips start to rely on the lip balm to protect their moist skin cells is a big shocker to me.  Though I would have some difficulty just stopping cold turkey... I think I will need to try alternative ways to keep my lips moisturized and stick to applying lip balm once a day instead of 10 times a day.  On the brighter side, maybe I can use this as a bribe to get more kisses from my hunny bunny to keep my lips moist all day. :)  Well, not that I need to bribe him. lol.

So before you grab that favorite lip balm of yours... think about the benefits and the possible downfalls.  There are many other things you could use in its place to help moisturize your lips... I LOVE to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  

Honey's Tip:
Mix some EVOO with a few household pantry items and you'll even have an awesome lip exfoliator.  I will elaborate more on this in another post. :)  But - pick up a small bottle of EVOO and put a little of it in a small bottle you can find in the beauty section at your local drug store.  Dab a little of it on your lips for a nice soft moisturizing treatment. :)

If you would like to have some fun and take the same quiz...  You can check it out here. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop My Style!

ShareThis